keskiviikko 8. helmikuuta 2012

Namaste Kathmandu!


I arrived to Kathmandu on 5th of Feb after quite a combination of flights ;) Beginning of the journey was a courageous choice of taxi from Espoo to in Helsinki-Vantaa airport. Why courageous? We all know taxis are nice first class cars here in Finland! Well yeah, it's just my budget that doesn't really support the idea of luxurous taxi journeys ;) But since the situation was as following: many weeks of extremely less sleeping (and the last night not even a single minute), carrying with me a huge backpack (ok, huge compared to my pretty tiny body structure at least), handbag, laptop and THREE HULA HOOPS, weather -25 degrees and snow up to neck (hmm, maybe that's a bit exagerated? At least the amount of snow was way too much for me..) and the choice of public transportation had made me to travel with two buses or two trains plus a bus to get myself to the airport.. So it was quite an easy decision the taxi :D The dicision bursted out with a warm playful thought for Shiva, Ganesh. Laxmi, fairies, angels and all the other powerful beings to bless my wallet NOW..

From that point to the hotel room in Kathmandu's turistic Thamel area it took about 31hours. The first plane was one of Finnair's. Nice. Or depends of course what you compare to. Ok, at least it was very decent :) Finnair smoothly flew me all the way to Moscow where i waited for the next flight about 7hrs. Hmm, well, what can I say? :D Maybe just that the service and level of organizing everything was a bit different than in Finland. Then we took the Aeroflot one (which plenty of my friends seem to have nightmares of) to Delhi. I was sceduled to have a nine hours waiting in Delhi airport before the final flight to Kathmandu (which finally was late more than an hour). Actually it wasn't that bad thing to have some extra time in Delhi.. Since it took some time for the staff there to make my boarding pass for the last flight. And it took way more time for them to sort out the case of my special three hulahoops luggage..... But finally they found it :) Yeah! Some plus points for Delhi staff :D

The final flight to Kathmandu.... Had the smallest space to sit. Had no meals nor other nutritional services unless u were willing to pay for those. Had the most interesting landing. Had more of the milk shake machine feeling while flying than the other flights. The rumours have told me Kathmandu's airport is the most dangerous one in the world :) and that there are only seven pilots in the world who are aloud to land there :) But obviously we had one of them, since we did land ;) Yet it didn't really feel like a slide, but more like falling down on vertical ladder. Hey! That was cool!

And after all, I found my precious hula hoops in Kathmandu's airport :)))

One more funny thing about this boring travelling subject i gotta tell you. I had in my handbag white magnesium powder in a small plastic packet without any kind of label on it. The only place it was checked (three times through the machine in security check) was Helsinki-Vantaa. Otherwise nobody paid any attention to it. Maybe in all the other places it's so common for the passengers to carry white non labeled powder packets with them that nobody cares anymore? ;)

So here I am :) And Im so happy about that!

4 kommenttia:

  1. !!<3Ikävöin sua jo!Ja hyvä että huupit löyty;)t.Merccu

    VastaaPoista
  2. Tell us about Kathmandu! :)
    -Aino-

    VastaaPoista
  3. :) This week I will be telling more about Kathmandu itself and also a few words of Shiva Ratri which was celebrated this Monday here!

    VastaaPoista
  4. Ja huupeille tosiaan on nyt ollu käyttöäkin :D rooftopilla auringon paisteessa ollu parhaimmillaan 5 fania/huupin kokeilijaa messissä :DD Siispä hyvä, että tuli peräti noi kaikki kolme rinkulaa messiin <3 Jo ehdin ledihuuppiaki kokeilla viime yön pimeydessä, kuvia tulossa pian! Hihiiih!

    VastaaPoista